The downstairs Restaurant reflects the Art Nouveau style of the 1920’s, characterized by the use of stained glass, symmetrical lines and extensive plant motifs. Constructed between 1915 and 1918, the room reflects the miller’s trade, with plaster bundles of corn and wheat used as supports for the mantel and wall buffet.
The room’s colors reflect the stained glass pathos ivy panels in the transom and fireside windows. The ivy grows from planters in lower window panels and uniquely winds around all upper panels. The twelve light exterior windows are quite unusual, having originally been designed to slide fully into the lower exterior walls, opening the room completely to the river breeze.